Consulting

Thread: Seeking help to make cell ranges dynamic

VBAX Newbie
    Seeking help to make cell ranges dynamic

The current shown below works. The only problem I have to continually go into the code to change the values of the cells because the data in the worksheet A21 change daily.

I found a found a script on the Internet I am trying to modify to suit my need. But I am running into trouble as you can see in the attachment.
    The range cells involved are the following:
    Set rng = Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("b3:k7", "b10:k15")
    Set tng = Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("b18:k26", "b29:k32")

On transferring (or pasting only) the data the range cells are:
    Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("l3", "l10").Resize(rng.Rows.Count, rng.Columns.Count).Cells.Value = rng.Cells.Value

Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("l19", "l27").Resize(tng.Rows.Count, tng.Columns.Count).Cells.Value = tng.Cells.Value

I would to make these range of cells dynamic so that as the data in A21 change the ranges adjust in rows and columns sizes to reflect to new data.
    I just cannot figure out how to to do that.

Azur

Current script

Dim rng As Range

'Grab Some Data and Store it in a "Range" variable
    Set rng = Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("b3:k7", "b10:k16")
    Set tng = Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("b19:k24", "b27:k27")

'Transfer Values to same spot in another worksheet (Mimics PasteSpecial Values Only)
    Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("l3", "l10").Resize(rng.Rows.Count, rng.Columns.Count).Cells.Value = rng.Cells.Value
    Cells.WrapText = False
    SkipBlanks _
    = False

Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("l19", "l27").Resize(tng.Rows.Count, tng.Columns.Count).Cells.Value = tng.Cells.Value
    Cells.WrapText = False
    SkipBlanks _
    = False

'Call SelectBlanks
    End Sub
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder how the worksheet is structured.
    IOW, If I was looking at the sheet, how can I tell where one range starts and another ends?
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Newbie
    I am sorry I have not provided the structure of the worksheet when I posted my request. In a nutshell here the data as it appears in a table (see attachment).

I colored purposely half of the table in light bluish color. The data in this half are linked through formulas to a Pivot table. The vba script copy and paste the data (just the data not formula) to the other half (right side).

The problem as I stated in my first post, the data coming from the pivot table change daily and consequently the rows in the left side side change as well. To ensure the data are captured from the Pivot table, I have to manually insert rows above each bar and drag down until all data from the Pivot table are captured. Then I manually delete rows that do not have data. See the example in the empty rows in the "Accepted Values" area.

The bars are the merged rows. They are "Proposed Values", "Accepted Values", "Implemented Values", and after the last row of data in the implemented Values section)

The next step is to go into the code and change the cells coordinates or address.

In this instance, the cells address are:

Data are copied in the following:

Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("l3", "l7").Resize(rng.Rows.Count, rng.Columns.Count).Cells.Value = rng.Cells.Value

Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("l18", "l29").Resize(tng.Rows.Count, tng.Columns.Count).Cells.Value = tng.Cells.Value

I added the following to prevent data overflow
    Cells.WrapText = False

I am not sure if the "SkipBlanks _
    = False" line works.

================================
    The Code
    ================================
    Sub DataValues()

Dim rng As Range

'Grab Some Data and Store it in a "Range" variable

'Transfer Values to same spot in another worksheet (Mimics PasteSpecial Values Only)
    'Prevent text wrapping from occuring in the range
    Cells.WrapText = False
    SkipBlanks _
    = False

Worksheets("A21Cals").Range("l18", "l29").Resize(tng.Rows.Count, tng.Columns.Count).Cells.Value = tng.Cells.Value
    'Prevent text wrapping from occuring in the range
    Cells.WrapText = False
    SkipBlanks _
    = False

'Call SelectBlanks
    End Sub

Azurfile.jpg

VBAX Sage
    It'd be more helpful if you attached a workbook (sanitize any necessary data) with a description of what you wanted to do as applied to that workbook
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Newbie
    AzurSheet.xlsx

Here is the a stripped version of Excel Spreadsheet
    Attached Files Attached Files