Consulting

Thread: copy from excel to word

VBAX Mentor
    copy from excel to word

hello
    is there a way to turn an excel workbook into a word document?.
    thanks
    moshe

But if you wanted to copy data from Excel to Word, that can be done. Are you looking to copy over tables, just specific ranges, or everything that's in your workbook?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Mentor
    i want to copy a range of cells into a word documents .
    it mat be a table of data.
    could it be doen through vba?
    thanks
    moshe

[vba]Sub PushSelectionToWord()
    Dim wdApp As Object
    Set wdApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
    Selection.Copy
    wdApp.Selection.Paste
    Set wdApp = Nothing
    End Sub[/vba]

Make sure that you only have one instance of Word running, and place the insertion point exactly where you want the data to come in. Save it before you run the macro, just in case you don't like what happens, though.

Go back to Excel, select the range of cells you want to send over, and run the macro.

It will create a table in Word of the cells you selected.

HTH,

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Mentor

thanks for the macro.what about updating the word document if my excek sheet hase changed assumig both are open.
    thanks again
    moshe

Well, the easy way would be to delete the stuff that was inserted by the macro and run it again. In this case, there isn't really an easy way to identify what came from the macro, and what didn't...

What are you trying to achieve here?

Your original question asked about 'changing a workbook'. Ken's code copies the Selection, which may be just a part of a workbook.

If you want a Word document which reflects the latest version of a workbook, what about embedding a link to it rather than copying the contents?
    Enjoy,
    Tony

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.
    Teach him how to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

I'm (slowly) building my own site: www.WordArticles.com

VBAX Wizard