Consulting

Thread: Help saving a macro for public use

Help saving a macro for public use

Hey all! I wrote a macro I want my colleagues to be able to use. We have a shared server but when they open the files I created for them to use the macro on they cant find the saved macro. I have tried saving it to normal.dotm - but it says that its a read only. Also, when I try to select the organizer button within the macro pop up, my saved macro isnt listed. Any advice or help?! Thank you all so much!!!!

You can always Export the module the code is in as a *.bas file and they can Import that *.bas into their own normal.docm
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

By default macros are saved in the normal template. If you want others to be able to share it then it needs to be saved in a macro enabled global template used as an add-in.
    Add-in templates go in the user's Word startup folder. If you have not changed the preferred startup folder it can be located (in English language versions of Windows) by typing
    %appdata%\Microsoft\Word\Startup
    in the Windows File Explorer Address bar and pressing Enter. This folder is individual to the user.
    The Normal template is always open when Word is open. If your global template is also open, you can cut and paste macros from the normal project to the template project.
    The Normal template should never be read only and should never be shared between users. It is a personal file.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

Strangely SamT this didnt work - any advice?

gmayor is our resident Word expert, see his post.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    gmayor is our resident Word expert, see his post.

One of many that hang out here
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3