Consulting

Thread: How do i add a string in a column like "1 week" or "12 months" into cell with a date

VBAX Regular
    How do i add a string in a column like "1 week" or "12 months" into cell with a date

Hello VBA Express community, I have a task at hand with excel and i'm not too sure how to do it.
    Screenshot_2.jpg

So basically in column B, there is a date in every cell.
    In column G, a description with a string that i need which is the duration of exception is stored. ( In the first row's case, 1 week.)
    The values for exceptions are : 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.
    With the string "1 week" that i managed to extract, how do i add this "1 week" string onto the date in Column B and compare it with today's current date, whilst determining which date is greater?
    If today's date is greater, return the string "Expired" and if not, return "Not Expired".
    New columns may be created, but keep it to the minimum.
    Thank you so much !

here is the excel sheet:
    report.xlsx
    Last edited by Zaxest; 04-02-2020 at 03:19 AM.

return the string "Expired" and if not, return "Not Expired".
    Return the String Where?

I'm sure that an Excel Formula guru can do it in your Workbook, But I, personally, would have to use VBA in a Macro enabled workbook.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    Return the String Where?

I'm sure that an Excel Formula guru can do it in your Workbook, But I, personally, would have to use VBA in a Macro enabled workbook.
    return the resulting string in a new column
    thanks for your time.