Consulting

Thread: VBA in excel : making a Stock list

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Newbie
    VBA in excel : making a Stock list

Hello,

i will try to explain as best as i can what the issue is, feel free and don't hesitate to ask questions if needed.

I am using excel to make a new version for a stock list, it involves flat sheets of metal such as steel, stainless steel, aluminium, zinc steel etc....
    By using visual basic we managed to make the excel more functional, user friendly and a bit faster, but we have some errors we can't solve.

here is how the excel should work:

On top (range B2:T6) these are the materials and thickness of all materials that can be found in the entire excel vertically.
    By clicking on a material it shows the material chosen and hides all the rest. When clicking on a thickness you get all results with that thickness on all materials in the excel.
    you can combine the 2, press material and then a thickness and you get youre defined result within 2 clicks.

This said, you probably already figured the excel is slowing down as it is scanning the entire index of row 9 to 5000.
    there are a few bugs in this excel, there is a small bug history written in range AC1:AK8.
    the excel is doing all sorts of this when protection mode is turned on, when sharing mode is turned on, and a few more stuff.

The buttons REST and DIV in range M4:N4 are restplates and diverse plates, but these buttons don't filter as they should, you can't combine REST with a material (it is resetting)

Another buggy thing is the function resetposition
    Function resetPosition()
    ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 9
    End Function

example : you are looking for material DC01 in thickness 1
    click on DC01, scroll down below thickness 1, then click thickness 1 in cell F5
    the active scrolrow does not rest to 9

This is a hell of an explanation on a new topic i hope it isn't too much :-)
    question would be, can these bugs be solved, and is there advice or idea's?

thank you very much

kind regards
    Anthony
    Attached Files Attached Files