Consulting

Thread: Saving Emails to Server Locations Macro on Receipt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Newbie
    Saving Emails to Server Locations Macro on Receipt

First of all, this forum pops up on nearly every search I've done so far. A massive thank you to all that this website and its users provides in helping out the world.

Second, I've searched for this specific macro found some pretty on point results, but I can't seem to change the right things to make it work.

I'm looking for a way to automate the saving of correspondence to variable locations on my work server. I want to be selective on the emails I save, and I would also like my coworkers to be able to do the same, so my thinking was I could set-up a dummy-email which I could use to set up rules that would search for our project numbers. I would then forward the emails I wanted saved to this email and type the project number into the body of the email. The rule would then run the macro, identify the project number, and save to appropriate correspondence subfolder.

However, since this email would only receive emails I would want it to save, the Rule step might not be necessary with a better understanding of Vba. If the Rule step could be eliminated, this would greatly reduce time I would have to spend nurturing this system later.

The format project number format is either H\NNN-NNN or H\NNNN-NNNN which are parent locations containing all projects between 100-199, for example. Once inside either of these locations, project folders are then located at NNN-NNN "Name of Project" or NNNN-NNN "Name of Project". Finally, a Correspondence folder is located which would be the target.

All in all, as an example the target location would look like H\NNN-NNN\NNN-NNN Name of Project\Correspondence or H\NNNN-NNNN\NNNN-NNN Name of Project\Correspondence.
    Editing for more clarification here. The final format of a given project would look like H:\200-299\296-001 Second Street Project\Correspondence

Again, a massive thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me figure this out.
    Last edited by jamieh1; 04-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.