Consulting

Thread: Having troubles with XlFillDefault

Exclamation Having troubles with XlFillDefault

Hey guys I just started learning how to use VBA.
    Currently I'm stuck with Run Time error 1004 and it says"Application-defined or object-defined error".
    Here's the code:
    Worksheets("Data").Range("A9:C9").AutoFill Destination:=Worksheets("Data").Range(Cells(9, 1), Cells(35, 3)), Type:=xlFillDefault
    The weird thing is when I'm viewing on the "Data" Worksheets, it runs without any error.
    However, I tried to run the code when I'm viewing my other worksheet and it gave me an error.

I tried to run another code and it can run without me being on the "Data" Worksheet. Here's the code below:
    Sheets("Data").Range("A9:C9").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Data").Range("A9:C35"), Type:=xlFillDefault

Anyone knows the reason why? I'm sorry if I didn't clarify my problems clearly.

I've never tried to fill multiple columns. Nothing in any help file hints it was possible
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

The problem is that you haven't fully qualified the ranges in the destination, try
    With Worksheets("Data")
       .Range("A9:C9").AutoFill Destination:=.Range(.Cells(9, 1), .Cells(35, 3)), Type:=xlFillDefault
    End With

OMG thank you so much it works!

You're welcome & thanks for the feedback