Consulting

Thread: When changing the active worksheet - need VBA that will make it's chart display?

When changing the active worksheet - need VBA that will make it's chart display?

I am able to change worksheets while executing VBA by adding DoEvents. However, a chart on the newly selected sheet does not display. How can I with VBA display the chart.

Sorry, I can't replicate the error. Can you post your workbook?
    Semper in excretia sumus; solum profundum variat.

Thanks for offering but I was able myself to switch between worksheets and show their imbeded charts while my VBA simulation is running. I accomplished this by using DoEvents to allow capturing my keystrokes when I click the name of another sheet.

However - a problem remains:
    My simulation program displays information to sheet="samplingplan" every 100,000 cycles of my simulation. But when Excel is switched to another sheet - while VBA is running - the VBA ColumnOnSamplingplingplan.Clearcontent statement makes the chart on sheet="samplingplan" display on top of the other currently active sheet. The cart that displays is bound to the cells that are cleared by Clearcontent. This only happens when Application.ScreenUpdating = True.

I can set Application.ScreenUpdating = False prior to Clearcontent and that stops the unwanted display, but that's cumbersome as Clearcontent is always followed by adding new content to the cleared cells. What is a solution to avoid this weird behavior?

Excel 2016, Windows 10
    Last edited by stanhilliard; 04-21-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: for clarity

Here is an example of the offending code:

Dim AveragesColumn As Range 
    Dim samplingplan As Worksheet: Set samplingplan = Sheet1

With samplingplan
        Set DataColumn = .Range(.Cells(R0 + 1, 4), .Cells(R0 + Fixedn, 4))
        Set AveragesColumn = .Range(.Cells(R0 + 1, 5), .Cells(R0 + Fixedn + 1, 5))
    End With

Call ClearDataCells

End Sub

Sub ClearDataCells()
            AveragesColumn.ClearContents
    End Sub

VBAX Mentor
    Probably the problem lies in the code that builds the chart. It is in this procedure that you probably refer to the active sheet, not to the "samplingplan" sheet.
    I don't know if I understood your problem at all, but without an example workbook, it's hard to guess.

Artik

As Artik sats, without a workbook it is near impossible to guess whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by stanhilliard View Post
    I can set Application.ScreenUpdating = False prior to Clearcontent and that stops the unwanted display, but that's cumbersome as Clearcontent is always followed by adding new content to the cleared cells.
    What is cumbersome with this?
    Sub ClearDataCells()
        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        AveragesColumn.ClearContents
        Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub
    Semper in excretia sumus; solum profundum variat.