Consulting

Thread: Word Table Row Height

VBAX Contributor
    Word Table Row Height

I've got the following snipet of code and Word document with a table in it and I would like to know the height of the rows in the table.

Set TblRng = rng.Next(unit:=wdTable, Count:=1)

Debug.Print TblRng.Rows.Height
    I thought it worked fine at one time but now I'm geting 99999 for the height value of a row in the tables. I've tried .row(1).height and all other variations I can think of and I only get 999999. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

VBAX Contributor
    I think the problem is the autofit default of word for a row. If I specify the size of the row height then I can get a value otherwise it outputs 99999. Is there a way to get the actual size of a row without first specifying the exact size of the row?

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heedaf View Post
    If I specify the size of the row height then I can get a value otherwise it outputs 99999.

That indicates only that the row height has not been set - it is automatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by heedaf View Post
    Is there a way to get the actual size of a row without first specifying the exact size of the row?
    Yes, but it entails a lot of circumlocution, via testing the vertical position of both that row's last character and of the last character preceding that row, plus allowing for font sizes, paragraph before/after spacing and the like.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]