Consulting

Thread: VBA to arrange response value in large database

VBA to arrange response value in large database

Hello,
    I am working with large file everyday ( more than 50000 rows and increasing day by day ) and sample of this file attached

The movement of work start in column FROM ( which contain name of team ) and that team most of time has to reply to the request number mentioned in column named “ Trn Number”.
    Always the reply appear in the row below ( not necessary in the row below but sometimes it may appear many rows than row contain same information in row named :FROM”.

My request is that I want the reply to be in same row corresponding to row named From not in the below rows.
    I made manual example for the result of data that I wish to be automatically generated using VBA since formula will not work very fast with this amount of data .

Thanks a lot for your support
    Attached Files Attached Files

Always the reply appear in the row below ( not necessary in the row below but sometimes it may appear many rows than row contain same information in row named :FROM”.
    Not in your upload
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

hello Sam , thanks for your interest and sorry for my late reply.

the overall sheet has all data with duplicate document name and the column FROM & TO have different team names.

i hope this will make it clear
    thanks

The code for this issue must use Patterns in the Data (cell values). I can find no Unique Patterns in that data

I think you may be using personal knowledge of what the Data means to Do It Yourself... We don't have that knowledge
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    I think you may be using personal knowledge of what the Data means to Do It Yourself... We don't have that knowledge
    i will try thanks a lot