Consulting

Thread: Formula assistance required.

Formula assistance required.

I'm hoping someone with a logical brain can help me.

I have a spreadsheet that measures daily performance for different operations. I would like the overall performance for all the separate operations the preceding day to be the target for the operations the following day. I thought I'd come up with a formula but I've noticed it doesn't deliver what I require.

I've attached a spreadsheet with a model of the information with a formula in column F that I thought would do the trick.

The information I would want to see returned by a formula is displayed in column G.

Any ideas folks would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That makes no sense. 83 = 100, 91 = 90, and 81 = 80???
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Sage
    The information I would want to see returned by a formula is displayed in column G.

Any ideas folks would be appreciated.
    The best idea I have would be for you to FULLY explain the magic behind column G

Does 'Date' matter?

Does 'Home' matter?

Does 'Full' matter?

What numbers are being percentaged, and against what other numbers?

e.g. Col G= (Sum of 'Full' = Y and Date = Col A) / (Total of Full Count for that line to date)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Paul and Sam,

Thanks for your replies and apologies as I was not clear.

I have uploaded a revised spreadsheet that I hope is clearer.

What I have is a spreadsheet that records if an item in col B is full or not, these items occur throughout the day with the earliest listed first. The number daily items in Col B may change so will not always be 5 separate items there could be 3 or 7 for example.

What I would like is the previous days final Rolling % result to be the target for the following days items in Col B.

The problem I have encountered is that as I enter the results take Tue 2/Jun/20 for example as they occur throughout the day, the Rolling % is updated accordingly.

What I think I may now need is an additional column with a Target % and a formula that checks the date of the lines above until it encounters an earlier date and takes that occurrence's Rolling % as the target.

VBAX Sage
    A VBA user defined function in column G would do it, but not sure how to make a worksheet formula do it

Option Explicit

Function Target() As Variant
        Target = Application.Caller.Offset(0, 1).End(xlUp).Value
    End Function
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

=INDEX($H$1:$H7,MAX(IF($H$2:$H7="",0,ROW($H$2:$H7))))

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Thanks Paul and Bob and apologies for the late response I have a very poorly mother at the moment.
    You have given me a couple of ideas to work and and for that I am very grateful.

Thanks once again.

Barry

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    No need to apologise Barry. Best wishes for your mother's recovery.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    In cell G8:
    =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$31<$A8)*($C$2:$C$31="Y"))/COUNTIF($A$2:$A$31,"<" & $A8)
    Depending on your version of Excel, you may have to commit this formula to the sheet using Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than the more usual Enter.
    Copy down.
    Note that the formula only refers to columns A and C, and doesn't need any helper columns.

edit post posting: Oops, didn't notice Bob's response before I posted.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.