Consulting

Thread: Convert Many Invoice Formats to a Standard Format

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Convert Many Invoice Formats to a Standard Format

Hi all

I have been working on converting a company from manual entry of invoices to being digital. This is a company with 10,000,000 in sales andstill doing everything with paper invoices and manual entry into the accountingprogram.

I do currently have them converted just some issues I am still trying to fix.

I have a program I use with handheld devices that they use when making delivery’s “ERP program”. I collect all the data with the ERP program and then the data is exported from that program so I can import it into the accounting program.

I have everything all set and am able to export all the data. I then am able to import it and works well.

One of the last issues I am having.

We have invoices and credits. The ERP program does not have a credit note number on the paper print out. The ERP program creates the credit note number after it is uploaded to the ERP program. So the number in the software is not listed on the paper print out the customer receives.

Since the stores do require the credit note to have a number to identify them for now, I am using the invoice number and just putting the number 9 in front of it. I was able to get company that created the ERP programto do that.

Since the credit note does not get assigned a number till it is uploaded into the ERP program there is no way for use to locate that credit note number within the account program.

I have attached an example of the file exported that I useto import the data into the accounting program.

If you look you will see the credits listed on the bottom ofthe list. The credit notes numbers “629,630,631,632” are of no use to me. Each store that has a credit also will have an invoice.

So I would like to find a way to get those credits have the same invoice number as the invoice that was created on the same day for that store with the number 9 in front of it. I was thinking if a script could find where the store name and date of an invoice match the same store name and date of the credit note then populates column B with the invoice number with 9 if front of it. Then the number on the paper print out will match the number I import into the accounting program.

The store could be listed more than once since this report will be ran weekly. That is why the store name and date must match.

That might be confusing. I am hoping I am explaining it so it could be understood. If anyone wants to work with me “help me out” and try to figure out a way to complete the task I need I would be very thankful.

Or if anyone knows where I could get help to complete this task please let me know.

For me I know sometimes I find task I like to try and find away to make it work when it is in areas I know about. Maybe the same for someone else.
    Attached Files Attached Files