Hi all,

I have emails with subjects from a specific authority that includes a special character. It shows up as a couple of spaces or a tab in the email subject in Outlook, however, when manually file saving the target email Outlook has already removed this character from the subject.

I have a file saver macro module that processes a selected email and saves it to a predetermined location, however, when it extracts the subject from the email it includes this special character which shows up in the error message as a SQUARE (not [] as there are no pixel spaces between the two brackets). See attached images for examples.

I have tried processing all special characters that I am able to with no resolution. "#$%()^*&/\:;*?<>+[]." The error still persists.

I guess the only other way is to write code that will process each character in a string until there is an error which then records the error character number in the string and replaces it with something valid. I don't want to have to do this for all emails.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance