Consulting

Thread: Collapse and Expand Form Footer based on table field

Collapse and Expand Form Footer based on table field

Hello, I have an example switchboard I been working on and im trying to implement Collapse and Expand of the forms footer and only show it when certain menu items need it. There is a field in tbl_MenuItems named ExpandFooter which would be the field needed to determine if the footer is Collapse or Expand. On my frm_Switchboard I just added a button (Command48) to toggle the footer for testing using the Private Function ColapseExpandFooter().

First I cant figure out how to split the Private Function ColapseExpandFooter() into two functions that would 1) Colapse and 1)Expand then I cant find where It would be used and determined from the tables field tbl_MenuItems - ExpandFooter .

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Guru
    There is also another function that can be employed, which is the StatusBarText.
    ie
    Forms("frmImport").cmdGetSource.StatusBarText = "Opening Excel Selected Workbook."

Quote Originally Posted by OBP View Post
    Do you still need an answer to this?
    No OBP i solved it, but if you have the time can you show what your resulution is? Thanks

VBAX Guru
    I haven't actually bothered to collapse the form footer programatically because unless screen space is critical I just leave it displayed.