Consulting

Thread: VBA code to copy data from Excel by rows to multiple text files

VBAX Newbie
    VBA code to copy data from Excel by rows to multiple text files

Hi,

I would like to the have the VBA codes to copy data from MS Excel, paste into Notepad and save as text file format (.txt).
    Please refer to steps below. I have an MS Excel file with 2 worksheets: Fruits and Vegetables.

1. In worksheet: Fruits, Col A to F are the metadata information and Col G to L are data from Jan 2000 to Jun 2000. Row 1 refers to the headers and row 2 to 4 refers to the data. Some cells may be empty. Please refer to sample data format in the attachment.

2. Can I have the VBA codes to copy data from each row (row 2 onwards) of the worksheet and paste into Notepad and save as 1 txt file per row. The filename will follow col B value. There will be 3 files.

The format of text file for row 2 is:
    [Row1] Fixed text
    [Row2] Fixed text|insert formula to count number of data point from col G onwards|col B value
    [Row3] |col A value: col C value|col B value: col D value|col E value
    [Row4] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col G value
    [Row5] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col H value
    [Row6] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col I value
    [Row7] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col J value
    [Row8] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col K value
    [Row9] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col L value

There will be 3 text files generated from Sheet: Fruits. Please refer to samples in the attachments.

3. The process will repeat for the 2nd worksheet: Vegetables (annual data) till end of the file.

4. In the actual excel file, there will be multiple worksheets (monthly or annual data), X number of data columns from col G onwards and Y number of rows from row 2 onwards. The number of columns and rows will vary in different worksheets.

Appreciate your assistance to advise on the VBA codes.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files