Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Making Compress Pictures Dialogue Box Selections in Mac

Hi,

I have code that in PC:
    1. automatically initiates the 'compress pictures' dialogue box
    2. changes default selections in that dialogue box
    3. runs compress pictures

Step 1 works in mac, steps 2 and 3 use SendKeys, which needs another solution.

I saw another post that provided in great detail how you can use MacScript in VBA to replicate SendKeys functionality in Mac. I think I can figure that part out.

My Question is: Is it even possible to use hotkeys/the keyboard to navigate the 'compress pictures' dialogue box in Mac PPT, and change default selections?
    Other than hitting enter to run it (which DOES work), any attempt to tab through, move up and down, or otherwise select/change one of the radio buttons or dropdowns has failed. That's when attempting to change these settings manually (with just the keyboard). If I can't navigate and change selections in the dialogue box using the keyboard in Mac, then it doesn't matter whether or not there is a SendKeys workaround.

The Compress Dialogue boxes for PC and Mac PPT office 360 are pictured below.
    In Mac, I would need to use keyboard to navigate and specify selections for each of the indicated sections (dropdown list, checkboxes, radio buttons)

compressorstart:
    opic.Select 'From earlier part of the code - ensures that some shape that is an mso picture (or placeholder) is selected prior to running
    CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("PicturesCompress")
    SendKeys "%{u}" 'chooses "Use Default Resolution" radio button
    SendKeys "a-" 'force unchecks "Apply Only To This Picture" checkbox
    SendKeys "{ENTER}" 'Run it
    End Sub
    Compress Pictures Dialogue Box PC.jpg
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 11-13-2023 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added code tags to supplied code