Consulting

Thread: Automation of process guidance, risk identification and product to use

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Automation of process guidance, risk identification and product to use

Hello all
    I am looking for advice on automating a process to reduce manual typing . I am a University health employee who receives undergrad client requests
    The current process is an Undergrad fills out a paper request ( chit ) , this manually typed into a spread sheet . Yearly we accept over 5000 request and that is 5000 manual entries !

The chit contains info as : Undergrad ID , Date request submitted , Date of appt, Duration of appt , Interpreter required and Module ( mod A mod be Mod c etc )
    I have 250 undergrads that need to make client requests. Each Undergrad has access to a networked PC and have their own email addresses .

I had thought to do this via Google forms however the form ends up being so long that it becomes cumbersome. The automation works ok though

I then thought that the a user form may be the best solution with the request sent to a shared file . I have a few queries on this :

1. is it best to place the user form on each desktop
    2. how to mange more than one Undergrad accessing the User form at one time
    3. What are the risks of a user form on a networked PC

This has to be low budget as there is no budget to speak of only the MS . I am not opposed to MS Accces BUT the licence woudl only be for those who are auctioning the request .

If anyone could provide some guidance or alternatives I would be grateful

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-10-06_14-09-42.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	27270
    Last edited by mml; 10-05-2020 at 11:05 PM.