Consulting

Thread: Formula Assistance Required

Formula Assistance Required

Folks,

Hope you can help. On the attached spreadsheet is a list of daily transactions the number of which varies. I have in Column E a formula that shows the final cumulative running total for that day.

What I would like is either a modification of this formula so it calculates the profit or loss from the previous days ending or a separate formula to do that in column F.

If that is possible.

Thanking you all in advance.

Barry.
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Sage
    I think a pivot table would be a lot easier to maintain and give you almost everything you wanted

Capture.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    An unrefined formula (just the first one that worked), in a cell in row 2:
    =IFERROR(E2-INDEX($C1:C$2,LARGE(IF(NOT(ISERROR(VALUE($E1:E$2))),ROW(E1:E$2)-1),1)),"")
    copied down. It may need to be array-entered (Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than the usual Enter) because I'm on Office365 and it behaves differently from some ealier versions.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.