Consulting

Thread: Finding the best rank of places to find the best path (using geographical coordinates

VBAX Regular
    Lightbulb Finding the best rank of places to find the best path (using geographical coordinates

Hello,

I want to find the distances between 45 different places in my VBA code. (I think the use of google maps may help). But I need to find the best path to take from the first place to the last place.

For example:
    If this is a map:
    ---------1--
    -----2------

If I found out that 2 was the most important place to start, I would then go to place 1 (since it is closer) then lastly place 3.

Is is possible to code this in VBA?

Computer Scientists have been working on this problem for decades. From what I heard, they think that Quantum computers might allow them to finally find a solution.

IIRC, the number of paths aproximates X^X-1 or 4544 in your case. But I'm probably wrong.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Regular
    its just dijkstra's algorithm. i just never have used this algorithm in VBA before. Dont even know how possible that would be given we dont have data structures

If you can explain Diks rhythm. we might be able to help with the VBA
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ