Consulting

Thread: VBA code - input data to website and retrieve result in excel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Newbie
    VBA code - input data to website and retrieve result in excel

Hope someone can help. I'm very new to VBA so will ideally need a copy and paste job if possible please.

I have loads of data in excel with postcodes to and from and want to input them into a website and return the distance the website gives in the results.

Column A - has from postcodes (UK postcodes) - example B10 0AX (zip codes for my US friends)
    Column B - has to postcodes (UK Postcodes) - example B70 7LB (zip codes for my US friends)

I need to input these into the relevant boxes on https://www.theaa.com/driving/mileage-calculator.jsp

Once the "get route" button has been pressed it returns the distance in miles and kilometres and also the expense in £ pounds

Using my examples it returns 9.02 miles - 14.524 kilometres and £1.26

I have thousands of postcodes to enter for the to and from and need this data to be pulled into an excel sheet somehow.

Please please can anyone help

EDIT : trying to be clearer.

i have an excel spreadsheet containing 2 columns of data and thousands of rows. i need each row to be input on the AA website above and then the get route button to be pressed so that it returns the results, and i need those results in excel in columns next to the data in columns A and B.

I have tried for hours, searched videos and forums and have got no where but i do believe its possible from what i am reading, i just cant figure it out
    Last edited by 98aallen; 11-12-2020 at 03:06 PM.