Consulting

Thread: Split Database Error

VBAX Regular
    Split Database Error

Firstly thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I have an Access database that has 2 split tables. I have successfully converted enable to a local table but when I try to do this on the second table it says in the bottom right Pasting and then Record Deleted and will not convert to a local table. Can anyone offer any advice?

VBAX Guru

Your situation is a little unclear. It sounds like, when you go to the database window (navigation pane), that in the tables section, you have two linked tables
    What you are attempting to accomplish is to make them local to your database. You did this by deleting the link to the first table (it would be helpful if you told us the table names so we can refer to them in our solution for you) and then 'get external data...' to identify and import that table. Thereby making it local

You then attempted to do the same thing with the second table but upon importing you received some sort of an error (the actual error text would be helpful).

I think your second table, located in another database, is corrupt or in an inconsistent state.

1 - copy that database for a backup in case following steps don't work
    2 - open that database.
    3 - If you get the inconsistent state message, then agree to the procedure to fix. At this point you might be good to go. But you should probably do the next step as well
    4 - Database Tools, compact and repair your database.

At this point you might be good to go. But I've seen databases continue to fail at this point. So the next step would be...

5 - Create a new database.
    6 - Get external data, import the problematic table.
    7 - Open the table and browse through it making sure you don't see anything unusual.

In the old days you might encounter a row with Chinese Font characters. We would then delete that row and compact and repair.

Hope this helps.

Jack
    Owner
    www.datacontrolllc.com