Consulting

Thread: Need to change value of checkbox from userform

VBAX Regular
    Need to change value of checkbox from userform

I have a userform where i want checkboxes from a worddocument to be controlled from a userform. But i feel stupid since i can´t even find out the names of the checkboxes from the worddocument.
    They have been added from the developertab and are active x controls type checkbox. I can check the properties of the checkbox from the developertab but the name of the checkbox is nowhere to be found.

Edit
    My bad, figured it out; had selected the wrong kind of checkbox...
    Last edited by magsol76; 12-03-2020 at 08:09 AM.

ActiveX check boxes are best avoided. I don't know what you settled on, but the best choice would be content controls which are simple enough to process.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

VBAX Regular
    It seems i have used checkbox content controls all over the document so if i could get them to work the better.
    How would i go about doing it? I have 2 checkboxes to start with that I have given the tag CC_ja and CC_nej respectively.

The If-statement that controls the checkboxes is:

Private Sub Generera_Click()

If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("bookmarkname") = False Then
    ???CC_ja.Checked = True
    ???CC_nej.Checked = False
    Else
    ???CC_ja.Checked = False
    ???CC_nej.Checked = True
    End If

End Sub

I have no clue what i should write to use CC_ja and CC_nej from the active document as I have never called content controls from a userform.

Microsoft Word MVP 2003-2009 VBAX Guru gmaxey's Avatar
    ActiveDocument.SelectConentControlsByTitle("???CC_ja").Item(1).Checked = True
    ActiveDocument.SelectConentControlsByTitle("???CC_nea").Item(1).Checked = False
    Greg

Visit my website: http://gregmaxey.com

VBAX Regular
    I tried this code (tried another if-statement) but it can´t find the contentcontrol. I get error 5941.
    PS. I use tags instead of title.

If UserForm1.OB_Fastighetsägare_Ja.Value = True And (UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Företag.Value = True Or UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Lantbruk.Value = True) Then
    ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_ja.Value").Item(1).Checked = True
    ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_nej.Value").Item(1).Checked = False
    End If

VBAX Regular
    Found the fault with the .Value from the previous code. This is my new code and it works fine:

If UserForm1.OB_Fastighetsägare_Ja.Value = True And (UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Företag.Value = True Or UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Lantbruk.Value = True) Then
    ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_ja").Item(1).Checked = True And ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_nej").Item(1).Checked = False
    End If

If UserForm1.OB_Fastighetsägare_Nej.Value = True And (UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Företag.Value = True Or UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Lantbruk.Value = True) Then
    ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_ja").Item(1).Checked = False And ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_nej").Item(1).Checked = True
    End If

If UserForm1.OB_Fastighetsägare_Vetej.Value = True And (UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Företag.Value = True Or UserForm1.OB_Verksamhet_Lantbruk.Value = True) Then
    ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_ja").Item(1).Checked = False And ActiveDocument.SelectContentControlsByTag("CC_nej").Item(1).Checked = False
    End If