Consulting

Thread: Response time calculator from Outlook to Excel using VBA - issues with shared inbox

Response time calculator from Outlook to Excel using VBA - issues with shared inbox

Hey team,

I am having issues generating the data that I need for a particular project.

Goal: Scraping data from a shared inbox into a spreadsheet via a VBA macro. Calculate net work days between an email being sent and then replied to.

Method 1:

After many hours researching (previously no VBA experience) I came across a few script ideas that allowed me to scrape a shared inbox and fill a spreadsheet with all of the relevant fields. The issue with this method was that it would fill a sheet with every email in a single table, meaning that there was no way that I could sort the relevant threads without copy pasting them manually into separate tables, which sort of defeats the purpose. This method would set the mailbox as a string and then scrape from the mailbox based on ranges for dates and senders.

Method 2:

I found a great script that allows me to scrape all items in a mailbox and easily calculate the net work days between the responses.

Problem:

The issue I am having is that a scrape is only successful when the ConArray objected is addressed from a private inbox (mine), but the data I really want is from a shared inbox. From my basic understanding, this object can't be addressed for a shared inbox, because I don't have access to pull data from the inboxes of the other people that are involved in the conversation.

There are only two solutions that I can think of and looking for another angle.

One is to find a way to get past the issue with the Conarray object and be able to use it successfully.

The other is to somehow copy the emails/data from the shared inbox into unique copies that I can address as a new, private folder.

I've attached the code I've been using at the bottom.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated. Even if someone could help me understand the limits of the conarray object so I know I can abandon that path for what I'm trying to achieve.

I've attached a sample workbook with the layout that I am using and the code I have posted below. You can test simply by running the ListIt Macro on your own inbox, but will see that it fails when targeting a shared inbox.

Why does this occur?

Any help, even to help me understand the limitations on this, would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files