Consulting

Thread: Change column

Change column

I have the code below that looks in column C and depending on what the data starts with "1,2,3 or 5" it add a string in column J.

I need to edit this so it looks in column D. If the text in column D starts with a 1 it needs to put "3 Class KKB" in column J.
    I have been playing with it and no luck yet, This was used for something more complex but I thought I would be able to edit this my self. I have not had luck yet. I will keep playing.

Really all I need is it to search column D and if it starts with a 1 to put "3 Class KKB" in the same row in column J.

If anyone wants to help out I would appreciate it

Sub addClassAll()
    Dim sht As Worksheet
    Dim Where As Range
    For Each sht In Worksheets
    With sht
    Set Where = .Range("C" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
    Set Where = .Range("J1", .Range("J" & Where.Row))
    End With
    With sht.Range("J1")
    .FormulaR1C1 = _
    "=IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""1"",""1 Sales"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""3"",""5 Rest"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""2"",""6 Institute"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""4"",""1 Sales"", """"))))"
    If Where.Rows.Count > 1 Then
    .AutoFill Destination:=Where, Type:=xlFillDefault
    End If
    End With
    Next
    End Sub

I did attach the module in the zip file.

I was playing and figured out if I change the -7 to -6 it looks in column D. So rather than making a new module I can add another section but I am unable to get it. I know what I need just cant get it to go

IF(LEFT(RC[-6],1)=""1"",""3 Class KKB"" I cant add that within and get it to run. Help please
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joeny0706; 01-17-2021 at 09:50 PM.

How can I get this to work

Sub addClassAll()
      Dim sht As Worksheet
      Dim Where As Range
        With sht
        End With
        With sht.Range("J1")
          .FormulaR1C1 = _
            "=IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""1"",""1 Sales"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""3"",""5 Rest"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""2"",""6 Institute"",IF(LEFT(RC[-6],1)=""1"",""3 Class KKB"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""4"",""1 Sales"", """"""))))))"
          End If
        End With
      Next
    End Sub

Ok I dont think I was right. So back to the first task.

Really all I need is it to search column D and if it starts with a 1 to put "3 Class KKB" in the same row in column J.

How ever I can get that done. The current module I use is attached to the first post. Either edit that one or create a new one. Both will be ok for me

Thanks

One other thing I dont like about this module is that it leaves the code in the cell. If I click in column j rather than see the text I see the code. If this can be made so only the text is left in the column not the code that would be great. That is a secondary task. It works fine as is just something I wanted to add.
    Last edited by Paul_Hossler; 01-18-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    Please use code tags !

I am getting close. After having more time and adjusting the current code I am using I am able to get it to work by changing that to a -6. I jsut cant figure out how to add a new section within. Each time I try I get error. I am missing either ) or " I think.

Sub addClassAll()
      Dim sht As Worksheet
      Dim Where As Range
        With sht
        End With
        With sht.Range("J1")
          .FormulaR1C1 = _
            "=IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""1"",""1 Sales"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""3"",""5 Rest"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""2"",""6 Institute"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""4"",""1 Sales"", """"))))"
          End If
        End With
      Next
    End Sub
    I need to add this within the top code.

IF(LEFT(RC[-6],1)=""1"",""3 Class KKB""
    Something is missing from the code below. I get an error each time

Sub addClassAll()
      Dim sht As Worksheet
      Dim Where As Range
        With sht
        End With
        With sht.Range("J1")
          .FormulaR1C1 = _
            "=IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""1"",""1 Sales"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""3"",""5 Rest"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""2"",""6 Institute"",IF(LEFT(RC[-6],1)=""1"",""3 Class KKB"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""4"",""1 Sales"", """")))))"
          End If
        End With
      Next
    End Sub

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    try
    Sub addClassAll()
    Dim sht As Worksheet
      sht.Range("J1:J" & sht.Range("C" & sht.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).FormulaR1C1 = _
        "=IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""1"",""1 Sales"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""3"",""5 Rest"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""2"",""6 Institute"",IF(LEFT(RC[-6],1)=""1"",""3 Class KKB"",IF(LEFT(RC[-7],1)=""4"",""1 Sales"", """")))))"
    Next
    End Sub
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

That is very close. But for some reason it only worked correctly when I had the 3 Class KKB first. It cause issues if it was after the other statements.

I did get it working. Thanks for the help all.