Consulting

Thread: Search data on another sheet using VBA

VBAX Regular
    Search data on another sheet using VBA

Hello! I'm new with this area. I just want to ask if it is possible for me to use a search function in excel? So, as you can see in the attached file, I have a search area in the HOME sheet. I like to use it and get the data on the STUDENT INFO sheet then after clicking the search button, data will be displayed on the HOME sheet. Is that even possible in excel? If yes, can someone help me with it? Thank you in advance!
    Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Expert
    Give this a go. I removed your MERGE CELL formats. They reek havoc

VBAX Sage
    I used events and data validation to make it easier to use (IMO )

I also did some re-laying-out and started in A1, since (again IMO) it's better to do it that way since it causes fewer problems/complications downstream

Capture.JPG
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    …and without code.
    There is data validation in cell E5 of the HOME sheet but it's not needed, just there to make it easier for me to test.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Regular
    I'm going to try and explore all your solution. Thank you so much! Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvdg View Post
    Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection

1. I still don't understand the above

2. Which ever approach you decide on, remember the big picture: names will be added and deleted so you don't want to have to keep modifying hard coded ranges, columns, etc.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3