Consulting

Thread: Merging two MACRO scripts (WORD)

Merging two MACRO scripts (WORD)

I have two Macro scripts, both are working perfectly individually! But I want to marge them and have 1 script. Basically, I want to save all pages in a WORD document (like 100 pages) as PDF and name each file according to the 3rd line of each page.
    The problem is they are both saving a file - one in PDF format and the other in word format...I tried to merge them but everytime something breaks in the middle..

Here are the scripts:

[COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]Sub[/COLOR] SaveAsSeparatePDFs()

[COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]Dim[/COLOR] strDirectory [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]String[/COLOR], strTemp [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]String[/COLOR], ipgEnd [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]Integer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]Dim[/COLOR] iPDFnum [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]Integer[/COLOR], i [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]Integer[/COLOR]

strTemp = InputBox([COLOR=var(--highlight-variable)]"How many pages is included?"[/COLOR] & vbNewLine & [COLOR=var(--highlight-variable)]"(ex: 60)"[/COLOR])
    ipgEnd = [COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]CInt[/COLOR](strTemp)
    strDirectory = Environ([COLOR=var(--highlight-variable)]"USERPROFILE"[/COLOR]) & [COLOR=var(--highlight-variable)]"\Desktop"[/COLOR]

iPDFnum = [COLOR=var(--highlight-namespace)]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]For[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=var(--highlight-namespace)]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]To[/COLOR] ipgEnd

ActiveDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat OutputFileName:= _
            strDirectory & [COLOR=var(--highlight-variable)]"\User--"[/COLOR] & iPDFnum & FirstPara & [COLOR=var(--highlight-variable)]".pdf"[/COLOR], ExportFormat:=wdExportFormatPDF, _
            OpenAfterExport:=[COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]False[/COLOR], OptimizeFor:=wdExportOptimizeForPrint, Range:= _
            wdExportFromTo, [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]From[/COLOR]:=i, [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]To[/COLOR]:=i + [COLOR=var(--highlight-namespace)]1[/COLOR], Item:=wdExportDocumentContent, _
            IncludeDocProps:=[COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]False[/COLOR], KeepIRM:=[COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]False[/COLOR], CreateBookmarks:= _
            wdExportCreateHeadingBookmarks, DocStructureTags:=[COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]True[/COLOR], _
            BitmapMissingFonts:=[COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]False[/COLOR], UseISO19005_1:=[COLOR=var(--highlight-literal)]False[/COLOR]
        iPDFnum = iPDFnum + [COLOR=var(--highlight-namespace)]1[/COLOR]

i = i + [COLOR=var(--highlight-namespace)]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]Next[/COLOR] i
    [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]End[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=var(--highlight-keyword)]Sub[/COLOR]

Sub RenameFile()

Dim oSection As Section
    Dim r As Range
    Dim TempDoc As Document
    Dim FirstPara As String

Dim strDirectory As String, strTemp As String, ipgEnd As Integer
    Dim iPDFnum As Integer, i As Integer

For Each oSection In ActiveDocument.Sections
    Set r = oSection.Range
    r.End = r.End - 1
    Set TempDoc = Documents.Add
    With TempDoc
    .Range = r
    FirstPara = r.Paragraphs(3).Range.Text
    FirstPara = Left(FirstPara, Len(FirstPara) - 1)
    .SaveAs FileName:=FirstPara & ".doc"
    .Close
    End With
    Set r = Nothing
    Set TempDoc = Nothing
    Next
    End Sub

This looks as though you are trying to split the output of a mail merge to documents and pdf files. Rather than re-invent the wheel - see  https://www.gmayor.com/MergeAndSplit.htm. This will either split the existing merged document as required, using a selected paragraph from the section to name the sections (with appropriate correction for illegal filenames and duplicates) or better still it can split the merge on the fly similarly, named from the data.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Cross-posted at: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...o-scripts-word
    Please read VBA Express' policy on Cross-Posting in Rule 3: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]