Consulting

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Combine recursive listing with excluded code

VBAX Sage
    The On Error Resume Next handles the error generated if the Match() fails, so it doesn't stop

i = -1
        On Error Resume Next
        i = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(UCase(p.Name), aryFoldersToExclude, 0)  '   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        On Error GoTo 0

isFolderExcluded = (i <> -1)
    Basically it says the

1. Make i = -1 (I use that as a check value)

2. If there's any errors just keep on going

3. i = index of p.name in aryFoldersToExclude or an error if not found (but continue since Resume Next 'statement')

4. Turn off the 'Resume Next'

5. If i <> -1 (my check value) then the folder was in the list and IsFolderExcluded = True
    5. If i = -1 (my check value) then the folder was NOT in the list and IsFolderExcluded = False

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...rror-statement

When there's a possibilty of getting an error, I typically will do it that way
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Okay it seems like I'm just going to live with the fact that I have to turn on "break on unhandled errors" hopefully there is an answer as to why this error message occurs. Another issue is that for each parent path, in column D it still says Folder instead of parent folder, and then all subfolders inside the parent directory should say subfolder

VBAX Sage
    Okay it seems like I'm just going to live with the fact that I have to turn on "break on unhandled errors" hopefully there is an answer as to why this error message occurs.
    Sorry

Capture.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

[CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done

Can something be done to remove the "\\?" after pressing the button 1 so that the search returns a clean path ?

VBAX Sage

'final format
        wsOut.Columns(colPath).Replace What:="\\?\", Replacement:=vbNullString, LookAt:=xlPart
        wsOut.Columns(colName).HorizontalAlignment = xlLeft
        wsOut.Columns(colCreated).NumberFormat = "m/dd/yyyy"
        wsOut.Columns(colModified).NumberFormat = "m/dd/yyyy"
        wsOut.Columns(colSize).NumberFormat = "#,##0"

Paul

2. Upload an example