Consulting

Thread: Disappearing cursor while executing VBA from a form

Disappearing cursor while executing VBA from a form

I created a form that is designed to be executed in the window-ized 'reading view' of PPT. The form has controls to go forward and backwards across the range of slides. The form serves as an interface to tag each slide with meta-tagging info stored as a code on the first line of the slide notes section.

When I get towards the ending slides, the cursor disappears. The form buttons seem to respond to touch (I have a touchscreen laptop) and the cursor seems to still trigger events but it turns invisible within the PPT and VBA code windows. What could be causing this? If I move the form away from overlapping the primary PPT window before moving around in the slide sequence, the cursor does not disappear.

VBAX Master
    Not clear exactly what you need but my guess is you might want to look at adding real tags to the slides

Example
    ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Tags.Add Name:="Bold", Value:="Yes OK"

MsgBox ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Tags("BOLD")
    You can add as many tags as you need if the names are unique to the slide
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilson View Post
    Not clear exactly what you need but my guess is you might want to look at adding real tags to the slides

Example
    ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Tags.Add Name:="Bold", Value:="Yes OK"

MsgBox ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Tags("BOLD")
    You can add as many tags as you need if the names are unique to the slide
    Actually John, that's exactly what I needed back from your first reply to a different thread. I didn't know PPT had this capability. I ended up writing a system that reads the first line and does string processing to create/edit/derive tags from an encoded string on Line 1 of the slide notes. But, built-in tags would be superior, and should save me from having to do string processing and dealing with all the possible errors it can have.