Consulting

Thread: Removing text of a particular style and surrounding spaces

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Question Removing text of a particular style and surrounding spaces

I often create word documents that have two different styles of text. Normal style is the actual contents and "MyNotes" style is notes entered inline with the actual content. The notes are added in parenthesis, like the below examples. I would like to delete all content that is in parenthesis and (not or) of the MyNotes style. I would also like to correct the spacing around the removed text (regardless of whether the spaces around the parenthetical are of Normal or MyNotes style), as in the below examples. The corrected spacing would also (ideally) be changed to the normal style, but this isn't a deal breaker.

Example 1 (italics used to represent the "MyNotes" style):
    Before: The first vehicle (such as a car (2-door or 4-door) or truck) can reach speeds of 150mph.
    After: The first vehicle can reach speeds of 150mph.

Example 2 (note that "bright" uses the "MyNotes" style, but should not be removed because it is not in parentheticals):
    Before: The toaster has a bright color (that cannot be changed).
    After: The toaster has a bright color.

Example 3:
    Before: I appreciate your help. (I've spent a few hours but can't figure it out.)
    After: I appreciate your help.

I would highly appreciate any guidance or particular resources I should review.
    Last edited by SFRandy; 03-14-2021 at 06:20 PM.