Consulting

Thread: Need help , a newbie needs help how to start

Need help , a newbie needs help how to start

Hi All

I try to learn outlook VBA, it?s a little different to other Office applications. at first I tried to use VB script editor to a outlook template with limited send item and ? and tried to run some sample that I found in USING VISUAL BASIC For APLLICATIONS 5 1997 my unique reference except outlook 2003 help, I think after some weeks try and error its time ask some one help me, how I can start learning outlook VBA programming. there is no bookshop that I can but a hardcopy about outlook VBA programming and my book in 20 pages, search in internet for a .pdf ebook could not help me, any suggestion , comment would helpful.(I know VB6 and a little VB.NET )

BR

sastwhc

I can't give you any books, as I don't actually own an Outlook specific one myself. You could try Sue Mosher's site. I can't give you any feedback on her books, though, as I haven't read one.

The way I've learned what I did is mostly by forum posts once I had a goal in mind. You could also search our KB, and check our resources page for some links as well, though.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

It might be worth having a look at some of our Knowledge Base articles - they all have detailed instructions so with your background in VB/.net you should pick up the basic principles pretty quickly

You should also find some articles, documentation and usefuls links at Sue Mosher's Site - OutlookCode.com
    - although the site was down when I just checked (!)

Hope that helps...
    K :-)

thnx

Hi all

i have to say thank you,i try to learn other VBA corners, such as VBA in word,excel,access,i start learn VBA for office only in outlook. i wish find my problem solution, thnx again.