Consulting

Thread: Move all highlighted emails, not just active one

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Move all highlighted emails, not just active one

Hi all - Many thanks to GMAYOR for helping me with a macro that reads the subject line an email and then finds the UID and copies it to the clipboard.

I use this macro to then search my Outlook for the UID. I highlight certain emails and want to send them all to a folder. I have the loop and move part worked out, but it only moves the active/selected email. How do I have VBA move all of the HIGHLIGHTED emails and not just the selected email?

Select Case Outlook.Application.ActiveWindow.Class
    Case olInspector
    Set myItem = ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
    Case olExplorer
    Set myItem = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
    End Select

myItem.Move objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Folders(strSubFolder1)

I'm using the terms "active" and "selected" interchangeably which may be inaccurate. By active or selected I mean the email that is being displayed in

In the example attached I left-clicked on Mart's email, I pressed shift and the down arrow twice. Mart's email is displayed in the Reading Pane. Card's email is surrounded by a dotted line. I would say all three are highlighted - but which one is active, which one is selected?; what's the difference/significance between Mart's email being displayed in the reading pane but Card's email being surrounded by the dotted line?
    Attached Images Attached Images