Consulting

Thread: VBA to add a copyright to the bottom of first slide

VBAX Regular
    VBA to add a copyright to the bottom of first slide

Hello experts,
    Does anyone know how to use VBA to add a sentence to the bottom of the very first slide? I am trying to add a copyright statement on just the first slide. I would like the statement to go to a specific area on the bottom of the slide if possible. If that is not possible, I can live with that and will adjust position manually. The font style should be Calibri, size =11 and make text italicized.

Here is an image of my first slide and the box on the bottom is where i would like the copyright statement to go.

Hope someone has the answer to this!! THANK YOU!
    first slide.jpg

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Why are you trying to do with with VBA? This sort of thing would ordinarily be done once on a template that can then be used for the creation of multiple presentations.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

VBAX Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by macropod View Post
    Why are you trying to do with with VBA? This sort of thing would ordinarily be done once on a template that can then be used for the creation of multiple presentations.
    Yes, you have a good point. The template I have does have the copyright statement so I added it. But when I added the copyright to the template and then I insertd a new intro slide, it still does not have the copyright statement. I then checked the template to be sure the copyright is on the intro page in SlideMaster and it is.....so if I could make the copyright statement stay on the Intro page every time I insert a new intro slide that would work!
    any thoughts? thank you

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwc1023 View Post
    The template I have does have the copyright statement so I added it. But when I added the copyright to the template and then I insertd a new intro slide, it still does not have the copyright statement.
    That's because you add slides to a template, not vice-versa.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]