Hello, my name is Paul and I reside in Orange County, CA. I am not in a computer related field but have been interested in programming since the mid 70's where my first programming experience was on programmable calculators. I am self taught in Basic, 8080 and Z80 machine code, APL, Idea, Pascal, Various C's, and Java with a basic understanding of network protocol and management. I maintain my office IT issues and manage 3 Synology servers for business backup and media streaming on the third one. A lot of my history involves knowledge of dead languages but as any coder knows, if you think code, the language is secondary. My current efforts are with VBA and C++. I also enjoy programming Arduino's and making little projects with them.

I am a PC guy from way back, but since Apple released computers with the M1 chip, I have bought a Mac Mini and MacBook Air to play with. I am impressed with the chip and for some reason get excited when the computer is on all day and is silent and cool to the touch. Nice move Apple... I am not crazy about the MacOS and Excel for MacOS but that is why I am a PC guy amongst other reasons.

My other hobbies include Photography and following the automotive industry. I am kind of car crazy and have a hard time explaining to my wife why I spend so much time reading about cars I will never buy or drive.

I keep a roof over my head practicing dentistry as I have since 1987 and while I love it, I am getting a little bored but am too old to try to start a new career. Actually I don't think I am too old but I bet potential employers would...

In any case, nice to find your forum.

Paul