Consulting

Thread: Form Selection (from combo list) not saving to table

VBAX Contributor
    Form Selection (from combo list) not saving to table

Hey everyone.

I have a form within a database i set up which can be auto populated on the whole by selecting a code from a drop down list which works fine. The table that generates this information has a filed called TRUST which originally had no information in it so i created a another field (combo) with a list of options to choose from.

The main form populates and saves back to the table when a code is selected with no issues but the TRUST field will not save UNLESS a code is selected which may not always be an available option.

The drop down combo for trust appears in both the form and table but unless that original code is selected it will not save at all. can anyone tell me what i have done wrong please?

It's like the form won't activate at all unless that original code is selected and i tried a dummy code but it just populates the form with data from the first record in the table

Thank you

Mykal

VBAX Guru
    Mykal, you say "I have a form within a database i set up which can be auto populated on the whole by selecting a code from a drop down list which works fine."
    How does it do this?
    Does the form have an underlying Record Source?
    Is it updateable?
    Is the TRUST field part of that record source?
    I don't like Table based drop downs, I prefer to create them as required on the form.
    Does the Table drop down work OK?
    Can you posts a database with some dummy data?