Consulting

Thread: Automatic Population of Actual Duration Field

Automatic Population of Actual Duration Field

I've create a MS Project file for tracking the creation of a quality program. Rather than utilizing unique sub-task records for the drafting, reviewing and approval of every task, I created custom flag fields for a simple done/not done visualization. I'm also calculating duration based on a 'Custom Duration' field using the assumption that drafting will utilize 50% of the total 'Duration' and review and approval will utilize 25% each.

My goal is to get the '% Complete' to update based on 'Custom Duration' divided by 'Duration'. It seems like I should be able to accomplish this by writing the 'Custom Duration' values into the 'Actual Duration'' or I could do it directly by calculating the percent complete and writing the value into the '% Complete' field. I'm a beginner when it comes to VBA. I understand the basics but I can't seem to figure out how to overwrite the values in a standard field with those from a custom field.

Anyone got a code example they can share?

2021-07-27_11h27_08.jpg

I get an error in my table, I don’t understand why. The final number shows zero

Regards, developer like this

@ trentjohnson: This thread may well have received a better response had a workbook been provided for members to examine.

@Rauf: What table are you referring to?
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link