Background:

I format word documents for opening in Duxbury braille software. I use character styles in Word on certain passages that require special formatting in Duxbury. The Word styles are mapped to Duxbury styles via an intermediate file, which styles in turn perform formatting in the Duxbury file. The Word character styles do nothing except supply a style name to Duxbury.

What I want to achieve:

A quick way to find the last pilcrow in any series of paragraphs which have been given a character style in Word, and then clear all character formatting from that one pilcrow if it has any.

This can be done manually when applying the style, but it's slow.

The unstyled pilcrow prevents the bleeding of styles across paragraphs during a long and complicated conversion process which I use to prepare the file for opening by Duxbury. Without it, heading styles can bleed backward into preceding paragraphs.

So in short: is there a way to "find", using the Selection or Range objects, the last pilcrow in what may be one or many paragraphs to which a character style has been applied? and then clear that style?