Consulting

Thread: Excel Search Code Help

Excel Search Code Help

Hey,

Im trying to make a code where I can type in a number in a certain field, and then it will go into another sheet in the same book and go to that row number( I have them numbered in row A) and pull the whole row. I have it to where it works on the page where the certain field is, (I can type in the row number and it will copy from the row number I entered, and also paste into a row number that I specify in a different field) but it will only work on the sheet where the field is located. I need it to pull from a different sheet. Here is my code. (This is also my first time posting on a place like this so sorry if I was supposed to tag this a certain way or something.

Sub sbDelete_Rows_Based_On_Criteria()
    Dim lRow As Long
    Dim iMiddle As Long
    Dim iCntr As Long
    lRow = 20
    For iCntr = lRow To 1 Step -1
        If Worksheets("BLAKE").Cells(iCntr, 1) = Worksheets("MASTER").Cells(3, 18) Then
            Rows(iCntr).Copy
        End If
    Next
    For iMiddle = lRow To 1 Step -1
        If Cells(iMiddle, 1) = Cells(4, 18) Then
            Rows(iMiddle).PasteSpecial
        End If
    Next
    End Sub
    Thank you,
    Blake
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 12-14-2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Added code tags to supplied code

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake1216 View Post
    Hey,

... but it will only work on the sheet where the field is located. I need it to pull from a different sheet. Here is my code. (This is also my first time posting on a place like this so sorry if I was supposed to tag this a certain way or something.

Sub sbDelete_Rows_Based_On_Criteria()
    Dim lRow As Long
    Dim iMiddle As Long
    Dim iCntr As Long

lRow = 20
    For iCntr = lRow To 1 Step -1
    If Worksheets("BLAKE").Cells(iCntr, 1) = Worksheets("MASTER").Cells(3, 18) Then
    Rows(iCntr).Copy
    End If
    Next
    For iMiddle = lRow To 1 Step -1
    If Cells(iMiddle, 1) = Cells(4, 18) Then
    Rows(iMiddle).PasteSpecial
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

Thank you,
    Blake
    Hi Blake,
    you need to reference the cells and rows correctly - e.g:
    dim oWS as worksheet, oSH as worksheet
    Set oWS=worksheets("MASTER")
    Set oSH=worksheets("BLAKE")
    If you don't reference expressions like Cells(row,column) or rows(Rownumber) or any other object Excel-VBA will will always refer the object to the activesheet. If you want to access any other than the ActiveSheet you need to reference like: oWS.Rows(RowNumber%).copy

The first loop in your code will run down to row 1. If you want a higher row to be copied you will need to EXIT the FOR-Loop with EXIT FOR after you copied the row.