Consulting

Thread: Get out of design mode

Get out of design mode

I've written an if-then statement in Excel but can't get out of design mode. When I click on the button, well select it really, I just get the selection dots - I want to actually click the button and see if it works like I expect it to.

I've clicked on the Design Mode icon/toggle turning it on an off but it doesn't work to exit design mode.

PS: I don't know what version of Excel I'm using. It's the desktop version of my Office 365 subscription
    Last edited by automator; 10-09-2021 at 01:34 PM. Reason: to provide additional info

VBAX Sage
    I'm not sure I follow exactly what you're doing.

Here's a nice explanation of design mode and how to use it

https://www.excelmadeeasy.com/excel-...eloper-tab.php

It sounds like you have a macro and you want to add a control to a worksheet that causes the macro to run

Exact steps depend on if it's a Form control or ActiveX control
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Thank you for your response. As I was trying get the right terminology (i.e. the "selection dots") to better explain my issue, I realized I had been working with a form control rather than an ActiveX which is what I intended. I'm still not sure why I couldn't toggle in and out of design mode, but now that I have an ActiveX control, I am able to exit design mode. Thanks again!