Consulting

Thread: Command button in word

Command button in word

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could assist with adding a command button in word to select key pages and open in in a separate document I don’t need this to save just populate the pre determined pages in a new word document

I have several documents I use at work, that are a combination of multiple documents it is lot easier to change one document then multiple documents.

is a command button possible in this instance?

thanks for your help in advance

VBAX Contributor
    First, the Word object model does not understand the concept of a page. It understands logical structures of paragraphs, words, and sections, but not pages. Word Doesn't Know What a Page Is , Moving/Reorganizing Pages in Microsoft Word

If your document is organized using the Built-In heading styles, or section breaks, to delineate pages you may be able to do something.

Second, rather than a command button, I would use a regular macro and attach it to QAT button(s). Command buttons will not work on a Mac.

hi thanks for the reply

yes the the document has built in headings which are the start of each individual section that I would like to save.

Would you know were I could start looking to find a way to do this?

VBAX Contributor
    More information on what you are starting with and where you want to end up would be needed. I would recommend saving samples of your start and end documents on OneDrive or DropBox and posting a link here.