Consulting

Thread: Custom UI Editor - how do I add a group to tab created in a different workbook ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Regular
    Custom UI Editor - how do I add a group to tab created in a different workbook ?

I just started with Office Ribbon Editor to include a custom tab on my ribbon. The idea is to have buttons from various workbooks (later to be converted to add-ins) on the SAME custom tab.

The creation of the tab with the first button group worked fine ... see XML code below :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <customUI xmlns=(note this is redacted because the forum apparently denies posts with URL's in them ... it contains the URL to the 2006-01 custom schemas)>
    <ribbon>
    <tabs>
    <tab id="piAddIns" label="pi Add-ins" insertAfterMso="TabHome" >
    <group id="piGeneralSettings" label="General Settings" >
    <button id="piRegistration" label="Registration" size="large" onAction="UpdateRegistrationSettings" imageMso="AccountSettings" />
    <button id="piLanguage" label="Language" size="large" onAction="SelectLanguage" imageMso="MailMergeRecepientsUseOutlookContacts" />
    </group>
    </tab>
    </tabs>
    </ribbon>
    </customUI>
    The problem I have is to then in ANOTHER workbook add XML code that will add that workbook's button to this "new" tab that I just created (called "piAddIns"). I tried XML code below (with variants of id, idQ and idMSO) to no avail. If I could get some help to figure this out (or pointers to what I'm doing wrong), that would be fantastic ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <customUI xmlns= (note this is redacted because the forum apparently denies posts with URL's in them)>
    <ribbon>
    <tabs>
    <tab idQ="piAddIns" label="pi Add-ins" >
    <group id="piDatePicker" label="Date Picker" insertAfterQ="piGeneralSettings" >
    <button id="piPickDate" label="Pick a Date" size="large" onAction="DatePickerMacro" imageMso="CalendarsGallery" />
    </group>
    </tab>
    </tabs>
    </ribbon>
    </customUI>
    Last edited by Paul_Hossler; 10-20-2021 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Lay-out not OK