Consulting

Thread: Find last number in column if year matches

VBAX Contributor
    Find last number in column if year matches

I have a worksheet with a large amount of production data broken up into production years and what I am needing is to find the last data entered in a column if the production year matches.

What I need it to do is look at column B last row and if the cell on Sheet3 D3 matches number in column B last row data entered it will return the last data from column J entered for that production year.

Thank you are any and all help

A B C D E F G H I J K
    Row Day of Production Production Year # Total ABC Production Pipe QC Total ABCQC Production Total Daily Production Start Date End Date Total Year Production Total Year Over Contract ABCQC
    Over Contract
    2 10
    3 10
    4 10
    5 10
    6 10

VBAX Sage
    I think it'd be easier to understand if you attached a small workbook with sample data and all necessary worksheets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Contributor
    Find last number in column if year matches

Sorry it took so long but I had to sanitize the file. Hope this helps

Thank you for looking into my problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    In the attached, formula at cell K15:
    =INDEX(Sheet3!$U$2:$U$1905,MATCH(MAX(IF(Sheet3!$L$2:$L$1905=$C15,Sheet3!$K$ 2:$K$1905)),Sheet3!$K$2:$K$1905,0))
    gives the result 920,011.
    I've guessed that Pipe A is Pipe AQC in column U of sheet 3.
    It actually returns the value in column U that is on the same row of the latest (max) date in column K where there's a 6 in column L.
    You can copy the formula down.
    Similar formulae in L15 and M15.
    For confirmation, there's a pivot table at cell O14, but this returns the max value in column U (or V or X) where there's the same Year# in column L (it doesn't look at the dates at all).

It looks as if the data in Sheet3 has been put together from data elsewhere, with lots of calculations added. It would probably be a lot simpler and robust to get the data you want directly from these source data.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Contributor
    Thank you for all your help, it worked great!