Consulting

Thread: vba que: coding for dynamic calendar; multiple drop down lists outputting to new shee

VBAX Newbie
    Question vba que: coding for dynamic calendar; multiple drop down lists outputting to new shee

Hi - please kindly assist - and thank you in advance
    version: Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2110 Build 16.0.14527.20234) 64-bit
    the below coding runs only for column 1 on the automatically created worksheet (and any subsequent sheets (worksheets result from a named range within a dynamic calendar. – Thus, when i click/change the date or year within a dynamic calendar, data outputs to the auto created sheet labeled as the appropriate year.
    The Goal and outcome: output data that is typed into "schedule" worksheet (from BOTH column AH and AI dropdown lists) into subsequent auto created sheets please note- data outputs to a column which is unlabeled -but by default/definition of coding means the top column and row refers to a named range day/date of the year corresponding to the "scheldule" worksheet created. (this means that if I type data into the schedule worksheet into drop downs in column AH and have chosen year 2020, January, 1st, then the data will appear in the 2020 worksheet 1st column which references automatically january 1, 2020. Likewise, if a chose a different year, data for the appropriate day/month will populate on a different sheet-entitled 2019, or 2021. I need the data for both columns AH and AI to appear on each subsequent sheet.

Option Explicit
    Dim YearNm As Long, DayCol As Long, DayRow As Long
    Dim SelDate As Date

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim DataSheet As Worksheet
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("AH6:AH29")) Is Nothing Then
        SelDate = Range("AH5").Value 'Selected Date
        YearNm = [ScYear]
        'Determine if data worksheet exists
        On Error Resume Next
        Set DataSheet = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("" & YearNm & "")
        On Error GoTo 0
        If DataSheet Is Nothing Then
            ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Add(After:=Sheets("Schedule")).Name = YearNm
            Activate
        End If
        DayRow = Target.Row 'Row
        DayCol = SelDate - DateSerial(YearNm, 1, 1) + 1 'Determine Column for Data Sheet
        DataSheet.Cells(DayRow, DayCol).Value = Target.Value
    End If
    End Sub
    Attached Files Attached Files

The frequent visits listed here are the easiest way to appreciate your energy fireboyand watergi

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mat- View Post
    Hi - please kindly assist - and thank you in advance
    version: Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2110 Build 16.0.14527.20234) 64-bit
    the below coding runs only for column 1 on the automatically created worksheet (and any subsequent sheets (worksheets result from a named range within a dynamic calendar. – Thus, when i click/change the date or year within a dynamic calendar, data outputs to the auto created sheet labeled as the appropriate year.
    The Goal and outcome: output data that is typed into "schedule" worksheet (from BOTH column AH and AI dropdown lists) into subsequent auto created sheets please note- data outputs to a column which is unlabeled -but by default/definition of coding means the top column and row refers to a named range day/date of the year corresponding to the "scheldule" worksheet created. (this means that if I type data into the schedule worksheet into drop downs in column AH and have chosen year 2020, January, 1st, then the data will appear in the 2020 worksheet 1st column which references automatically january 1, 2020. Likewise, if a chose a different year, data for the appropriate day/month will populate on a different sheet-entitled 2019, or 2021. I need the data for both columns AH and AI to appear on each subsequent sheet.

Option Explicit
    Dim YearNm As Long, DayCol As Long, DayRow As Long
    Dim SelDate As Date

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim DataSheet As Worksheet
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("AH6:AH29")) Is Nothing Then
        SelDate = Range("AH5").Value 'Selected Date
        YearNm = [ScYear]
        'Determine if data worksheet exists
        On Error Resume Next
        On Error GoTo 0
        If DataSheet Is Nothing Then
            ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Add(After:=Sheets("Schedule")).Name = YearNm
            Activate
        End If
        DayRow = Target.Row 'Row
        DayCol = SelDate - DateSerial(YearNm, 1, 1) + 1 'Determine Column for Data Sheet
        DataSheet.Cells(DayRow, DayCol).Value = Target.Value
    End If
    End Sub

Hi I need that code too