Consulting

Thread: Cannot open any more databases. (error 3048)

Cannot open any more databases. (error 3048)

A user who has been installed for literally decades has suddenly gotten this message. This is a FE/BE but there is only one user involved and no network. When he gets this message, he is done. He must exit the database entirely. He even has resorted to rebooting to make the error message go away.

Why this problem has developed in a mature database is surprising, but how to fix it is the question. Should I be more diligent in closing tables and forms? The form that generates the error is a somewhat complex one with a few subforms attached, but nothing exceptional.

Any advice is welcome.
    Last edited by DBinPhilly; 02-03-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Help!! Another of my customers has just had the same error message. This in a database application that is 20 years old. I'm sure that I'll soon be inundated with complaints. I saw on the Access-L feed that other users are having the same problem since the last release of Windows.

roll back pc from previous version.
    currently there is an anomaly on windows update (you can google it), affecting ms access.

Quote Originally Posted by arnelgp View Post
    roll back pc from previous version.
    currently there is an anomaly on windows update (you can google it), affecting ms access.
    A second solution was suggested:
    Making the front end directory a trusted location. I've tried this method at several of my accounts and am waiting to hear from them so I don't know if it works.