Consulting

Thread: statusbar indication

VBAX Mentor
    statusbar indication

hello
    you mark my previous question as solved,it's not.
    i am trying to get on the statusbar a progressor like a clock,as to how long it take a macro to completein this case saving a workbook.please help.
    [VBA]
    Dim Pct As Double
    For Pct = 0.1 To 1
    Application.StatusBar = "now processing " & Format(Pct, "00.00%")
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
    Next

[/VBA]
    thanks
    moshe

To my knowledge, you can't do this. You can start the statusbar when it starts saving, and once it's finished, but you can't show progress for the actual event itself.

Basically, you could set it to tell you how long it took, but not how much time is left to complete it.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Ken is right, this is because "ActiveWorkbook.Save" is one command. You can have a message before that and after that.

Now if you were saving all open workbooks, you could have the status bar display a percent complete (iterative number / total number of workbooks to save).