Consulting

Thread: Paste HTML as body of mail

Paste HTML as body of mail

Hi guys,

In trolling around tonight, I found a really cool routine to convert an ADO recordset into HTML format. This is awesome, as it will make my recordset look just the way I want, but now I'v got an issue.

How do I paste it into the body of a new mail item and actually have it apply it as HTML? All I've been able to accomplish is to send a text or HTML email showing my HTML.

Code for the email is as follows:
    Set oMail = CreateItem(olMailItem)
        With oMail
        .To = "theemail@thedomain.com"
        .Subject = "This should be HTML!"
        .BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
        .Body = sReportDtls
        .Display
        ' .Send
        End With
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 04-16-2023 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Adjusted the code tags
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

That is quite a nifty find...

And you're just missing a small detail - when working with a mailitem with HTML BodyFormat, you need to use the "HTMLBody" property rather than "Body"
    K :-)

Cool, thanks Killian! I'll give that a shot, although I could have sworn I tried that...

I'll let you know when I get back to it later tonight.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!