Consulting

Thread: AppleScriptTask will not run

VBAX Newbie
    AppleScriptTask will not run

I am trying to get an Excel spreadsheet developed in Windows to work on a Mac. I have included two AppleScriptTasks that check that files exist and send emails. On the Mac on which I'm working, these perform successfully. However on a colleague's Mac, he gets a Run-time error '5 Invalid procedure call or argument' each time. Everything looks similar on both. The only difference I can see is that on my Mac, in System Preferences | Security & Privacy | Automation, the box on the right contains 'Microsoft Excel' and 'System Events' (ticked). Would this be the reason that the AppleScriptTasks won't work? If so, I can't see how to add Excel on his Automation tab. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

VBAX Newbie
    Does anybody else use AppleScriptTask in Excel? If so, do you have Excel listed in System Preferences | Security & Privacy | Automation ? Then I can at least see if this may be the cause of my problem or whether I need to look elsewhere. Thanks.

I haven't heard others talking about using apple script. That's not to say that someone may happen along with experience
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

VBAX Regular
    I use AppleScriptTask to call my Apple scripts in Word. In addition to Automation, I'd check SystemPreferences/Security&Privacy/FullDiskAccess to see if Excel is listed but greyed-out. If so, click it to activate Excel to have Full Disk Access.

Also, check that the Apple scripts are in the User's ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.Excel bundle where Excel will look for the scripts by default.