Consulting

Thread: Filter function to pull results based on drop down non VBA solution

VBAX Regular
    Filter function to pull results based on drop down non VBA solution

Thank you for reading this post. I am trying to use the Filter formula and/or the Xlookup and/or the Unique formulas with data validation. We have a grid (excel table/array) where partners/owners are in say column A and entities are in columns B through lets say X. In the rows of columns B through X are the ownership percentages of the partners. The attached file shows the sample layout although different columns as described. What I am trying to achieve is to have two separate drop down validations (on the same sheet or another sheet preferred) where we can chose a partner or an entity (separate validations) and gets it composition with no zeros or spaces. I was getting stuck on using the Filter formula within the filter formula (nested) to then receive the percentages and entity names (need to use transpose as well I suspect) not including blanks. In fact I could not get the entity names because I was further stuck on how to use the offset function as well. I appreciate all input as there are probably a variety of ways to do this and everyone has their own style. Thank you excel helpers!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Regular
    Found my answer. I just kept changing the formula and finally got it to work. I went with filter although xlookup should be able to do the same thing.
    Attached Files Attached Files