Consulting

Thread: Excel to Word Label Mail Merge

Excel to Word Label Mail Merge

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to Excel VBA programming and am in need of some help.

I have a column in Excel which I have named 'Label' and runs from A1:A66. I would like to be able to mail merge this into Word labels and for the contents to be inserted via a mail merge. I know you can do this easily through mail merge but I want the code to do this from within Excel, as the labels can change from XXX001, XXX002 to AAA001, AAA002 etc.

I can get the Excel code to create my list and open word but can not get word to perform a mail merge. I have tried recording a macro and editing that but it didn't work.

Your help and thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

TIA

Mikey

Welcome to VBAX, Mike! (if I did't guess wrongly)...

Mail merge in Excel only...A new thought for me...

Thanks sheeeng.

What I would like to Excel to do is:-

1. I select the Office and the number and once I hit my print button from my Userform it creates my list of labels in cells A1:A66.

2. Excel will then open Word and connect to my spreadsheet and mail merge the info in the correct location. Then print it.

I am using Avery labels L7651. I have it working up to point 2 and from there I am lost.

Thanks

Mikey

Can anyone help on this problem please?

Thanks

Mikey

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Have a look at the attached. The button in Excel creates a rangename "MyData" for the selected column and then opens the MailMerge document. There is a DocumentOpen macro which merges the records to a new document and then closes the mailmerge file. This is unfortunately closing Excel also, I'm not sure yet of a way around this.
    Regards
    MD
    MVP (Excel 2008-2010)

Post a workbook with sample data and layout if you want a quicker solution.

To help indent your macros try Smart Indent

Please remember to mark threads 'Solved'

Mail Merge only selected columns?

I would be gratful if anyone can tell me whether this routine can be change to merge only selected Excel Rows (Using the control key)?

MD,

Thanks so much, this is wonderful. But I do have one problem. This works fine when the files are saved and run from my hard drive, but when I move them to our shared drive here, the macro doesn't recognize the word file. Does it have something to do with the fact that it's a shared drive? Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

Thanks so much,
    AJO

Quote Originally Posted by mdmackillop
    Hi Mikey,
    Have a look at the attached. The button in Excel creates a rangename "MyData" for the selected column and then opens the MailMerge document. There is a DocumentOpen macro which merges the records to a new document and then closes the mailmerge file. This is unfortunately closing Excel also, I'm not sure yet of a way around this.
    Regards
    MD