Hi guys,
I am totally lost, on getting around with parameterized stored procedures on a MySQL Server and binding the result of them to a Form recordset.

On the net, I found dozens of "approaches" but they did not yield an working solution.

So, here is my setup:

I am using a MySQL Server which is connected via the MySQL ODBC Driver (Version 8). This server hosts a schema which consists of the following stored procedure:
PROCEDURE `mapCompetenceToPerson`(IN pID Integer)
BEGIN
    select * from `ma-profile`.skill as s left join (select PersonID, SkillID from `ma-profile`.person_skills where PersonId = pID) as ps 
    on s.ID = ps.SKillID;
END
On the Access Site I have build up some routines like
Public Function RDAOGet(ByVal procCall As String) As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset

openConn ' prepares the global ADODB.Connection 'conn'
    Set rs = conn.Execute("Call " & procCall & ";") ' not a one liner for debug purposes
    Set RDAOGet = rs
    closeConn
End Function
Yepp, I am currently using ADO to retrieve the data. I played around with DAOs, but I could not bring parameters to work.

The calling routine looks as follows
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
    Set rs = RDAOGet("mapCompetenceToPerson(1)") ' not a one liner for debug purposes
    Set Me.Recordset = rs
End Sub
While this actually results in a recordset holding data from the SP Execution. The 'rs' could not be assigned to the form's recordset, since its not a "valid" recordset.
InvalidRecordset.jpg

Now, the big question is: Am I on the right track, or did I made some wrong turns to get here? Because right now, I have no clue what the correct way may look like.