Consulting

Thread: Converting Information on Construction Plans(PDF) to Excel

VBAX Newbie
    Exclamation Converting Information on Construction Plans(PDF) to Excel

Hey guys I was wondering if there is a method to convert certain fields of information from a PDF(app we use is BlueBeam Revu) and input it into an excel spreadsheet.
    What I'm trying to do is create a receipt based on the information coming from construction plans. Tricky part is that the information I need
    from these plans is on different areas of the page with each new project. EG) Image Attached
    Is there a way to extract that information circled and input it into certain designated cells for each color? Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ned Help.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	30018  

Quote Originally Posted by tinashee View Post
    Tricky part is that the information I need from these plans is on different areas of the page with each new project.
    Then that makes it very difficult.... but, and you can correct me if I'm wrong here, did you mean that its always in the section on the right hand side of the page but scattered?

Image Attached
    Images sadly are nearly useless in cases like this, given that we are unable to discern either the properties to which you understand but we do not, having not ever seen this layout before. Try attaching a screenshot as a pdf instead or even better a copy of a file with non commercial information.

Is there a way to extract that information circled and input it into certain designated cells for each color? Thank you
    Can you also attach a sample excel file showing an example of how you would like the information to be laid out. In the mean time we'd have a better chance of playing the Moonlight Sonata with golf balls taped to our fingers.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link